At the beginning of January I challenged myself to pick a palette every week and use it for 7 days straight. I didn’t have to only use that palette but I had to include it everyday somehow. This is my second week and I am now going to start logging it. I hope to maybe help out other people who are struggling with coming up with looks for products they don’t use very much. This week has been TheBalm Shady Lady Volume 2. I was sick for the beginning of the week so there was no make up to be had!
For this look I used the shades Just This Once Jamie and Tempting Tara from Shady Lady. I also used the shades Mauve and Black from Lorac Pro and Graffiti from the UD deluxe shadow box.
- Prime your eye lids all the way up to the brow bone.
- Pack just this once jamie on lid do not pass the crease
- With a blending brush blend mauve into the crease
- Darken the outer corner with a small amount of black.
- Blend Graffiti into the lower lash line for a pop of colour
- Highlight the brow bone with tempting tara.
I am really not so talented at getting pictures that show this true to colour, but I’m working on it. Shades used from SL are Bossy Bobby, Devilish Danielle and Tempting Tara. I also used the Kat Von D Ladybird matte palette for the under eye in the shade Cleopatra.
- Prime your eyelid up to the brow bone.
- Pack Devilish Danielle on the lid just up to the crease
- Use a straight edge, (or tape off the outer corner of your eye) at the angle you wish the “wing” to be at.
- Blend Bossy Bobby into the outer corner of the eye (you can be messy against your edge guard, it will create a sharp edge when you remove it regardless)
- Take a pencil brush with a small amount of Bossy Bobby and draw a line following your crease towards your nose.
- Blend the crease line out so there are no harsh lines.
- Make sure the outer corner has enough Bossy Bobby so your wing is visible.
- Blend Cleopatra into the bottom lash line (KVD Ladybird)
- Highlight inner corner and brow bone with Tempting Tara.