So here we are hanging out on Sunday. Literally I am in the back of my Dad’s van driving to Ikea to look at MORE makeup organizers. Yeah, I am 29 years old and still hang out with my parents. No big deal.
I don’t think I am that impressed with this palette. I have so many others that could have replicated looks and colours that have better blending abilities. I feel like many of the colours swatched better than they apply on the lid. When I am doing these posts I try to NEVER swatch over primer because it gives a better basis of what we are really working with colour wise, but these guys I had to use a primer or they wouldn’t show up on camera.
Here are the looks for the rest of the week!
I was going for a light pink purple sparkle look for this day. It was going to be a long one so I wanted a bit of pick me up. I used Kindness is free, Totally Fetch, Be You, Turtle Dove, Head over Heels and Live it Up. NEEDS MORE GLITTER.
- Prime the lid, I used Painterly by Mac
- Take Totally Fetch, and pack it on the outer V and throughout the crease on a small blending brush
- Pack Kindness is free on the rest of the lid and don’t go past the natural crease, make sure it is blended against Totally Fetch to give a nice gradient across the lid.
- Take Be You and blend above the crease on a large fluffy brush to create a transition from the pink shades.
- On a small blending brush apply a light wash of Live it Up slightly above the crease.
- Apply Turtle Dove on the brow bone as a highlight, and in the inner corner of the eye.
- Take Head over Heels and smudge into lower lash-line
- Liner is NYC Liquid Liner, and I applied a black blue glitter liner over top.
I was really focusing on the liner with this look so I only used two shades from the Everything Nice Palette when I did this. Check out the video below for a talk through tutorial.
For this look I used a supporting palette. I felt like I needed some Ud Shellshock in my life from the Vice 2 Palette. Check this out for it’s palette per week 🙂 I used Live it up, Be You, Fawned of you and Shellshock for this look.
- Prime those eyes
- Take Live it up and pack all over the lid
- With a large fluffy blending brush take Fawned of you and blend through the crease making sure there are no harsh lines and blowing out the look to open up the eye.
- Apply Be You to the outer V darkening as you go to whatever shade your comfortable with
- Apply a white eyeliner to the bottom lash line and the water line and into the inner corner of the eye.
- Take Shellshock from Vice 2, on a flat definer or pencil brush and apply over white (except for the water line).
- Liner is NYC Liquid Liner and I applied a black glitter liner on top.
- Needs More Glitter
I try not to be bland, but it’s Sunday. So give me a break, who gets fancied up to go to Ikea anyway? I didn’t even put on my proper brows! For this look I used After Hours, Knockout and Turtle Dove.
- Prime the lids with soft ochre or the primer of your choice.
- Pat on After hours onto the lid
- Darken up the outer corner with Knockout and blend through the crease.
- Use Turtle Dove as a brow bone highlight
- On the lower lash line smudge in Knockout and After Hours until you have a bit of a smokey effect.
Hope everyone had a fabulous week, please comment down below for palette per week requests.