Thank you so much to Lindsay Detwiler for the nomination! I am happy to find some book related blogs through her, they are another one of my hobbies. Here are the questions she posted for me to answer.
I have to nominate 11 more bloggers and post my own 11 questions. Check out the end of the post for my nominations and questions!
1. What book most changed the way you think about life and why?
In grade six and I had a teacher for a few months and she introduced us to “Where the Redfearn Grows” by Wilson Rawls. Its about a boy who wants two hunting dogs so badly that he will basically do anything to get them. It changed the way I looked at love, and how to fight for what you want. It was the first book to ever make me cry into the pages. If you are a dog lover, read this book. Old Dan and Little Ann will melt your heart.
2. What is your favourite picnic food?
I don’t think I have ever legitimately been on a picnic, but if we are going for a bbq outdoorsy type food I am going to have to go with a red skin potato salad.
3. What is your favourite place in your hometown?
Lakeview Park. It’s Oshawa’s waterfront, and as much as people want to make fun of the ‘Shwa our lake front is pretty amazing.
4. What was your favourite food as a child?
No one ever sees this one coming, but it was, and still is plain perogies. Just boiled, and nothing on them but some salt. I stole this picture from this fellow blogger sorry dear, but you had the best version of the perogies I like! Also these look delicious, I want to eat em.
5. Which celebrity would you be most likely to be friends with?
I would love to be friends with Naya Rivera… She’s a smoke show and she’s sassy. I love her sarcastic wit and her hair. Hair is important.
6. What song summarizes your life motto?
Jo dee Messina-My give a damn is busted
7. What was the best class you ever took?
Looking back I took a social media class in high school, it was probably about 12 years ago or maybe a bit more, when Facebook and Twitter were first starting to get big, in hindsight I wish I had paid more attention!
8. Who has inspired you the most in your life?
This is a hard question for me because I am a bit of a lone wolf. Everyone always says their family or parents, and that isn’t necessarily wrong but I wouldn’t say any one person has been a huge inspiration to me. My grandmother’s have both been a huge influence on my life in very different ways. My Grandmother on my father’s side inspires me to do what I can to always make sure I keep my marriage together but still be my own person. That sometimes personal sacrifice for your family is going to be for the greater good, and sometimes leading your family from behind the scenes is the best kind of influence you can have. The anniversary of her death is coming up next month and I can tell you it was sudden, my Grandfather is lost without her.
My grandmother on my mother’s side, is a hero in curlers. Kitchen ninja. She has inspired me to be independent no matter what. She has been married three times, and it’s not that she doesn’t care about her family. She is always last, everyone else is first and she is last, but she did and has done everything she can for us while making damn sure we never felt the NEED to have a man or be supported by a man. It is absolutely okay to want a man, just never need one. G-ma don’t need no man.
9. Tell us something that has made you laugh in the past week.
My dog. She makes me laugh every single day. She is 4.5 months old, and she is probably the biggest dingus you will ever meet in your life. Plus she is gangsta.
10. What is your favourite thing about summer?
Sundresses, I am so lazy when it comes to clothing and fashion. I love fashion, and I love accessories etc, but pants are restricting and uncomfortable and give me muffin top no matter what. Sundresses just make so much more sense in life.
11. What would be your six word memoir? (In other words, you must summarize yourself in only six words).
Right Fucking Now, Bitch Please… NOW
My Questions for you
1. What did you want to be when you grow up?
2. What do you want to be when you grow up now (as an adult)
3. What is your biggest regret?
4. Summer in a snowsuit or winter in shorts and why?
5. You are trapped in a room with a bathtub, a chair with three legs, no windows or doors, and there is a 2 inch hole in the ceiling. The bathwater is overflowing and won’t turn off. You are going to drown. What do you do?
6. What interview question do you fear the most?
7. What would make you stop blogging?
8. What is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you?
9. Who do you admire most in life and why?
10. If you won a million dollars what are your first three moves?
11. Explain love.
The Pink Impact, Hello Kaily, NoblandMakeup, Idreamofbeauty, MakeupbyChelsey, Afterthe9to5, Allthatjazz, ColormeCassie and anyone else who reads this! Get to it and ping me back!
3 thoughts on “The Sunshine Blogger Award”
LOL @ “hair is important”! Love your grannies and your pooch 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hair is important! I don’t think I have any friends with bad hair now that I think about it!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Great post! I love reading interesting facts about people.