Good morning to all my lovely internet friends and friends to be… and Hi Mom, because I know you are my #1 fan.
I was recently nominated for the Liebster award by the lovely ladies over at BeautyHolics101 . Thank you so much to them, and congratulations on their considerably success in the blogging community, they put a considerable amount of effort into their content, and should definitely be in your daily blog repertoire.
How does this work you might ask?
- Acknowledge the person who nominated you and share their blog.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions that you have been asked.
- Nominate 11 more bloggers whose blogs you like.
- Ask 11 questions that you would like those bloggers to answer.
- Let the bloggers you have nominated know that they’ve been nominated.
The most difficult part of these posts are the 11 facts about me. I don’t know why but its the human condition to want to talk about yourself. It’s just not something I love to do. So here goes…
- I don’t like to talk about myself
- I have two dogs that I love more than life and I miss them the when I walk out the door.
- I wake up at 4:30 in the morning every weekday so I have time to do my makeup, and enjoy the process of getting ready for work, in the quiet.
- There is no enjoyment in cooking for me, cooking is about as fun as laundry, or pulling out my leg hairs with tweezers.
- I am one of those weird people who actually really likes to work, even if I don’t particularly love the work I am doing. There is some satisfaction in reporting that comes out saying how great I am.
- There is a part of me that would love to be a comedian, this is something that I have really noticed in my older years, is how much I like to make people laugh
- I am the most introverted extrovert you could ever imagine could exist in this world.
- Music runs my life, if I could remove the song lyrics, chord progressions, and melodies from my brain there would be enough room in there for me to be a surgeon. And I mean a good one, like a world renowned brain surgeon.
- I like to draw and colour, but am totally and completely terrible at it, as shown here in this doodle battle I had with my husband where he drew two foxes in the time, I drew one fox that looks like… an alien? In fairness, my husband draws in mechanical pencil and is WILDLY talented at sketch artistry. I hate him for that. Here are two of my favourites he’s done. You heard me right…. Mechanical.. Pencil. That’s it.
I do now keep a bullet journal which has been helping me with my “talents” and I seem to be improving week over week.
- For awhile I was really into designing stickers, and I have a sticker shop on etsy. It’s more difficult for me to keep up with now, so I have been seriously considering shutting it down.
- And just for good measure let’s toss in a (excuse the pun) heavy one. I have an obscenely difficult time with my weight. I am up and down 40-50 pounds every few years, and it’s increasingly frustrating for me. When I want to lose weight I can, but I know it’s my own fault, and unless I work out CONSTANTLY, it’s difficult for it to stay off. Maintenance is my biggest foe.
The Questions Asked of Me
What is your favorite season? – Fall, but I’m going to say Autumn to sound more pompous.
What is your favorite piece of clothing that you own? As I age I learn to hate clothing more and more, nothing fits, and is always ill tailored to fit a body type like mine. So naked. Nakedness is my favourite.
What is your go-to lipstick? – Mac Twig, and any shade of liquid lipstick really
What is your favorite hairstyle to do on the run if you are late for something? – I don’t do the hair, so I guess a ponytail?
Night Owl or Morning person? Both. There is many a time when I don’t think I actually go to sleep at all.
Do you have any pets? – See above for the cutest little butts you ever did see!
What is your favorite throwback song?- How dare you ask me such a difficult question….
When did you start blogging? – I have had a few blogs on and off in my life, and I have always been a writer. There is a chest in my spare room that is FULL of notebooks, journals and diaries from when I was younger. However this blog is about three years old and my consistently run go to business.
What is your favorite candy/ice cream flavor? – Cotton Candy ice cream because I’m a five year old. Not a particular fan of candy in general.
What is your favorite picture that you have on your phone? – ummmmmm most people will probably post a picture of their kids or their home, something from vacation, but this ALWAYS makes me laugh.
What is your hair type? Straight or Curly?- Wavy, It used to be curly, and then I straightened it to death my entire teen and early
- WhereMelWanders – If you are into travel this is the girl for you. She is PAINSTAKING with her blog, and the content she provides to her readers, plus she travels the world on the cheap, so if you are interested in how to make that happen, you want to check this out FO SHO.
- The Makeup Case – I have been internet friends with this lovely lady for a VERY long time, very engaged within the community, and that’s important to me in a great blogger.
- Courtney’s Beauty Corner– An up and comer in the beauty community!
- Sparkle and Spice Makeup – Another blogger I have come to find recently, and I think my favourite thing while browsing around her site, is that her reviews are not done after using a product once, they are used for awhile, (sometimes months) and then there is a thoughtful review curated and posted. REVIEWS ARE NOT FIRST IMPRESSIONS AND SHE GETS IT
- Just Paper Things– I happened to stumble upon this lovely site while searching out how to draw ,and I appreciate her artistic styles.
- Memoirs and Musings – I really like the mix of content, and writing style.
- Stash Matters – Oh man THE GRAPHS, THE REPORTING THE ANALYTICS. All of these beautiful things about makeup. They just give me life!
- Beauty Bonds – Science infused articles on beauty and fitness, beauty and fitness subscription boxes, reviews, ingredient analyses and more!
Cosmetics Junkie– She writes about makeup and boobs, these are both things I can get on board with.
Aloha BeautyXO – I am starting to enjoy more blogs than just makeup… and this is fairly well rounded
- Polished and Inspired – is exactly what she is.
The Questions I Demand of You
- Whats your favourite colour?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is one of your most unpopular opinions?
- Name two guilty pleasures.
- What do you want to be if you grow up
- Favourite Quote?
- What made you start blogging, and why the topic you blog about?
- YouTube or Netflix?
- Post the 7th most recent picture in your phone. No noodies.
- How did you meet your best friend?
- How did you find writing out the 11 facts about yourself?
Thanks so much for reading, and I have no idea but this post took me an entire WEEK to write. Normally I can bang these babies out in 15-20 minutes! What the heck!