Good Morning all,
I picked up the Rimmel Magnif’eyes colour edition palette up earlier in the weekend, because I just can’t help myself. It’s not often you see a truly colourful palette coming from the original drugstore brands, so I thought I would give’r a shot. My thoughts are mixed, and mildly confused.
The Claims and Price $13.99
Walmart.ca: Get ready to take your eye-look from day to night! Rimmel London introduces new Magnif’eyes Eyeshadow Palette, a 12-pan all-in-one pressed eyeshadow, liner and highlighter kit. Now it’s easy to create endless contoured eye-looks, just like a beauty pro.
This palette also comes in other versions, the nudes and the smokes. (Which I have no experience with so I can’t speak to the quality of those).
Talc, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Propylparaben, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:Mica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Carmine (Ci 75470)].
My reasons for confusion you may ask? Well. this swatches beautifully, These are brush swatches over Mac Painterly paint pot. One swipe and very impressive. The pay off was extraordinary in my opinion especially for a palette coming from Walmart for $12 and 12 shades. Would I pay $1 for one of these eyeshadows? Yup , yup I would. The shades with the best pay off were definitely the top row, intense shimmers and packed with pigment, while still having little to no fall out at all.
The most disappointing shade being the dark navy blue, that one took a couple of swipes and still came out patchier than I would like to be dealing with at any price.
- If you are looking for that basic pop of colour, on the cheap this will get the job done with a fantastic ease of use
- Ability to play with neutrals as well as a pop of colour in one place
- Colour pay off in the shimmers is exceptional and lasting power goes all day. I wore the gold shades yesterday and they lasted all day, and in perfect condition.
- Price is right
- Easily available
- Blend-ability is 5/5 on the neutral shades
- Tightly packed for minimal fall out
- My biggest gripe about this palette is the curation. I am pretty good at being able to use any one palette to get a start to finish look, and this is just not feasible with this little lady.
- Requires supporting palettes, one good matte palette should do you just fine. Like these…
- The navy blue shade does not apply welll
- No mirror
- No transition shade
I give this palette 3/5 pineapples… I never realized how much it annoys me not being able to get one solitary look out of this palette without having to reach for another one.