If anyone can actually call out where this quote is from, I will be VERY impressed, and no Googling!
That being said, the time has actually come for a true no buy. I have never called one out before although I have gone a few months without spending on beauty products -hair, skincare and makeup alike.
Why am I deciding to do this? After the Sephora VIB sale, and a few other things coming in the mail, I should be more than fine to run off the products that I have for review, and save some money. We also just spent a good chunk of change on some mountain bikes and I would like to get my moneys worth out of them.
What is the difference between this and how I have done this in the past? I have never tried to do it while actively blogging or posting content on YouTube. That always seems to drive me to the store, and Trendmood makes me want everything she posts. That Instagram page can literally suck the life out of me.
This is the plan of attack.
- Post videos on shop my stash
- Possibly considering doing a de-clutter… the fear and loathing is real, and worrisome.
- Weekly makeup baskets/palette per week
- Start a project a peeking pan. Like a project pan, but where you don’t have to finish the whole product, just make the pan peek out. I need to keep it realistic
- Focus the blog on some more fitness and lifestyle related posts
- Review videos based on products I purchased at the Sephora sale
- Beauty room tour and set up
- Anti-haul for May and June releases
What are your thoughts on no-buys? Do you find them helpful and inspiring or challenging and frustrating? Here is hoping that May goes fast and summer comes shining!