Good lord my lady I am so sorry this took so long to get to! The lovely FiveZero nominated me for a few awards a little while back and I am just now getting around to writing them. SO LET’S DO THIS.
Rules for the Beauty Blogger Award
- State the name of the blogger who nominated you
- Make up 15 fashion or beauty questions for your nominees to answer
- Answer the 15 questions you were given
- Nominate 15 people for the award
- List 10 random facts about you
- The people you nominate have to have less than 200 followers
- Let the people you nominated know they were nominated
1) Tell me your favourite blush, brand & shade.
Without a doubt Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure. It’s perfection for my skin tone and just… ugh. I never feel so glamorous as when it’s donned on my face.
2) What’s your perfect transition shade in terms of eye shadow, brand & shade?
This can go to a couple that I use most often, one is Taupe from Lorac Pro and the second is Peach Smoothie from Makeup Geek. I have a ton of transition shades that I work through so this is a hard one for me. It will always change depending on if I want matte, shimmer, warm or cool.
3) What is your current go to handbag/tote/crossbody? (share a pic if you want)
You know when you are just wondering around in discount store being like meh, I never find anything I want and then the absolute most perfect item comes up and it’s absolute perfection? That happened to me about two months or so ago. I wanted a bag that would fit my huge planner, laptop, wallet, etc etc put all in their own perfectly sized pockets. (However this bag still has to be designer, adorable and NOT a back pack.) Enter this Kate Spade over the shoulder ostrich print baby pink miracle. Not to mention the 50% off price tag.
4) Do you have a pair of favourite sandals/wedges?
I honestly don’t, I used to be in love with shoes of all shapes and sizes, and lately they have been leaving something to be desired. Realistically I only really go to work or to take my dog out for a run/walk, and as much as she appreciates a good fashion statement I don’t think Athena is all that interested in watching me struggle through the park in heels. Please feel free to check out how cute she is though.
5) What’s your favourite fragrance/perfume for summer?
I really only have a few Ralph Lauren perfumes, and ever since I rediscovered them in my collection it’s basically what I have been wearing all year round. I have the entire series of Hot, Cool, Blue, Rocks etc. I have been wearing Rocks for most of the year. After this blog post I am sort of feeling like I am super lame and boring! Time to pick it up a notch Candice!
6) What eye shadow palette are you currently reaching for the most?
I can’t honestly say I have truly been reaching for one more than another, however I have been using my Smashbox MasterClass ALOT because I have been away, and it’s my go to traveler. It has a lot of functional products in it so I can easily pack it in without having to take out ton of makeup with me. The packaging is also super sturdy and I don’t worry that it will break in transit. The MC3 also has a great variety of brights and neutrals that I don’t think many other palettes offer.
7) Do you have a favourite brow product?
Without a doubt, Anastasia Dip Brow in Ebony.
8) What nail polish are your toes currently rocking?
Oh, hands and feet are both rocking the same things for the first time ever actually, Essie Bikini So Teeny and China Glaze Make a Spectacle. They go amazing together and I just freaking love Bikini So Teeny for summer.
9) What’s your favourite hairstyle for summer?
For anyone who follows me anywhere and for any reason they should know my hair has two moves. Up or down. That is all.
10) What lipstick are you itching to rock this summer, brand & shade?
My two faves for summer have to be the KVD liquid lipsticks in Bauhau5 and Bachelorette. I have these in most of my favourites videos and I just can’t help it but I have some sort of strange attachment to them.
Bachelorette is described as “dark reddish fuschia” and Bauhau5 is described as “deep raspberry” I know it doesn’t seem like much for summer, but I swear they are glorious.
11) Gimme a description of your perfect summer night outfit.
12) How do you apply your foundation, beautyblender, foundation brush? Name a specific brand & brush.
I used L’oreal True Match Lumi in anywhere from W3-W6 and I use a Sigma f80 flat top kabuki brush to apply and blend it in.
13) What tool do you use to curl/wave your hair?
Currently I have been loving my Octowand. Which I actually have a coupon code under deals and steals if you are interested. It’s normally $300 but it’s amazing and the coupon code gives it to you for $129. (which is what I paid for ONE of my other curling wands which isn’t half as good.) Lame.
14) Do you have a favourite song for when you are doing your makeup or getting ready?
Nope I just watch fellow youtuber’s videos and make sure I do my best to be involved on their channels!
15) What clothing item did you last purchase?
I bought a little neon dress to go out in for my girlfriends bachelorette. I know this isn’t the best picture I could post but whatever it’s the only one I have of the dress!
If you are reading this I nominate you! Please ping it back to me I want to read!